Been struggling this past week with anxiety attacks and depressed mood. So now that my mind is a little bit clearer, I decided to make a list of helpful things that have made a difference to me. Maybe some will work for you.
- I know when I’m in the midst of panic and depressed mood, being cool helps bring me back to the moment. Try running your hands under cold water for a minute or two. I also bought this sleeping mask today that you put in the freezer for 10 minutes . The gel beads cool the mask down. It feel amazing on your eyes and even your forehead ( which Im currently wearing it on)
2. Have a reference sheet that includes things you enjoy that calm you down. Referring to it when you’re feeling down will help because sometimes you can’t think clearly when you’re in that state of mind. Some examples could be : Take a warm bubble bath, Light a candle, meditate, draw, listen to music, go for a walk, write a letter to someone who has hurt you but don’t send it, smile at a stranger, etc. All simple things that can help boost your mood.
3. Place visual cues around common areas you spend your time. These cues can be something that represents something maybe only you understand. I drew a stop sign on my mirror to remind myself to stop negative thinking when I look in my mirror. Now I even look at it whenever I have a thought that’s negative in my room. Another idea could be aspirations or quote cues. Place aspirations somewhere you can see them and read them whenever you need a little motivation.
4. Separate your bedroom from your workspace. As someone who has recently begun projects in art and DIY projects, I quickly found my room cluttered with supplies and projects. The sheer clutter made it hard for me to relax in my room and even sleep. Today I moved everything upstairs and made my own workshop area. My room is now a place for quiet me time. I have already noticed a huge difference.
5. Do something you’re proud of every day. For me it’s my projects and recently opening my own etsy shop. Just knowing anything I make could possibly make someone else happy or inspired gives me hope. Hey maybe you’ll like something I’ve made. Check it out!
<a href=”//www.etsy.com/shop/Emjewleryandthings?ref=offsite_badges&utm_source=sellers&utm_medium=badges&utm_campaign=en_isell_3″><img width=”728″ height=”90″ src=”//img0.etsystatic.com/site-assets/badges/en/en_isell_3.png”></a>
These are just a couple of things I have used this week. Try them out and let me know what you think 🙂